Welcome to the FotoWare Customer Community Forum!
This forum is available to all FotoWare users who wish to share their thoughts and questions about the FotoWare suite of products.
Joining the forum is free, and our hope is that your contributions to the forum can be of use to other customers and help us build better software at FotoWare.
We hope that you will use the forum to discuss practical ways to solve everyday challenges. There's a quite large community of FotoWare users out there, and by sharing how you've solved your workflow challenges, you can help others who are faced with similar challenges. And maybe receive help when you're struggling with something.
What about FotoWare Support's role?
FotoWare support is not out of the game - far from it!
Support will still be handling your support support tickets, as has always been the case.
Should a discussion in the forum require the attention of support, you can now tag them to bring them into the conversation. However, we believe a user forum thrives best when users get to discuss things among themselves without too much interference, so we won't be getting in your way unless you call us into the discussion.
The community forum is not a support forum
Requests for support should still be sent through our regular support ticketing system. In fact, you'll find a link to submit a support ticket in the top banner of the forum pages.
All public forums need some basic guidelines. Some of these are simply common sense, other points worth noting pertain to how we distinguish between questions in forum threads and actual support tickets. So, whether you’re new to online forums or not we recommend you read through the following points to make sure you understand them.
What we expect of users
It goes without saying – users are expected to be civil, polite and respectful. Assume the best of other users on the forum and try to lend them a hand. At some point, you may be the one needing assistance. If everybody offers to assist once in a while, the forum will be a nice place to spend time and look for solutions.
Things you should avoid on the forum
- Never post login information, passwords or other sensitive information on the forum
- Avoid posting your email address or asking others to give out theirs in public posts on the forum. If you decide to set up direct contact, you can always Personal Message another user on the forum.
- Don’t post the private information of others (job, gender, location etc.)
- Do not harass or abuse people. Only contact them by the methods explicitly given.
- Do not post spam, offensive material, posts without content, or flames
- Do not post in all caps.
- Do not abuse the @name mentions. They are not a tool to get faster responses
- Do not create multiple accounts (aka. sockpuppets). Sockpuppetry is often used for nefarious reasons. If a sockpuppet account is identified, it will be immediately banned.
This list is not exhaustive. Every post is judged by its own merits.
Consequences of breaking the forum rules
We want the forum to be a friendly place to be, and so we may occasionally moderate comments. This could entail light editing of a post, and in severe cases, complete removal of topics and/or deactivation of accounts.
While it is possible to block user accounts, we’re hopeful we won’t have to do that – ever.
Keep it civil, everyone, and enjoy your stay at the forum!
The FotoWare User Forum Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.